If anyone can offer an expert opinion, it's Ray

Ray Nobile, World Champion Bodybuilder & Powerlifter is the Chief Moderator for this Forum. Ray invites you to post questions regarding your training and dietary concerns.

Moderators: drob357, raynobile

Harry Hayfield

If anyone can offer an expert opinion, it's Ray

Post by Harry Hayfield » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:51 am

Sion Evans, the gym owner of the gym that I am a member of, has decided that as the rugby season for 2019/2020 has been all but abandoned and there is no sign of the 2020/2021 season starting up any time soon, it is time that he practiced his Olympic lifting however he is not sure how he is doing, therefore seeking his permission (which he gave) I have created a comparison between his lifts (recorded today) and that of Sohrab Moradi from Iran (the current Olympic champion in Sion's weight class) and placed it online for members of this forum to pass comment on (which I shall then forward to Sion). Therefore here is the comparison video, please feel free to comment here and after your comment, please explain your Olympic lifting experience (as Sion is not likely to know any of you by name)

youtu.be/VMN98_ImkiY
"Great heavens, what is there to adulate in me? Am I particularly intelligent, or remarkably studious, or excruciatingly witty, or unusually accomplished, or exceptionally virtuous?"
(The Duke of Dunstable, Patience by Gilbert and Sullivan)

raynobile

Re: If anyone can offer an expert opinion, it's Ray

Post by raynobile » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:34 am

hi harry, my opinion is that you cannot compare the two lifts. the irainian is doing a snatch, whilst sion is doing a power clean. 2 different lifts altogether.sion should continue with his olympic lifting as it will only bennefit him when he returns to rugby. regards, ray.