Bruce Lee

Join the discussion group on topics related to Martial Arts, Boxing, Wrestling and MMA. Share your experience or pose questions to our Moderators.

Moderators: peter yates, David Gentle

stanlystud

Re: Bruce Lee

Post by stanlystud » Sat May 23, 2020 12:45 pm

Tom K wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:11 am
My opinion of him, from someone who's seen the "bullshido" being exposed by modern mma.

Even today in China, martial arts are seen as sacred. There is a mma fighter who is going around beating the crap out of "martial artists" in China to show that they are largely out of date. He's being widley censored.

So for Bruce Lee to develop what he did, in the total bubble in the 60s before the UFC is incredible. Of course he is going to make mistakes as he was a pioneer. His writing on weight training cut through all the high volume steroid works by Weider et alia to provide methods that work.

He clearly had an incisive mind, as mentioned above where would he have gone in a few more years? He had only really just started.

That lat pose in enter the dragon would win most pro bb natural competitions hands down.
old post but i´ll bump it up. I can´t tell you how many brain washed people that i have met who think they can fight because they have done some karate or even worse a style like choy lay fut. An MMA fighter is an all round fighter. He can stand & box, throw & grapple. It´s nonsense when people think some kind of Traditional style can beat them. The most funny thing i saw was a Tae kwon do guy trying to use a kick. he got a bad beating. As for the point there are rules in MMA, well they really fight just stop at a point when someone will get seriously hurt in a real fight you´ll go all the way. just look in youtube you´ll see lots of chinese styles getting their asses kicked by MMA guys. :D Even some of the so called Chi masters... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CmOqCk5KcQ